In this solo episode the LOA Gals talk about a topic that has been popping up in many conversations over the past few months – narcissism. But, before getting to narcissism and gaslighting, Holli an Jeanna share the current life happenings:
- HOCO is really a FOCO this year for most high schoolers…but the glam squad, gorgeous dresses, fabu shoes, and HOCO fun filled Holli’s house this weekend!
- It’s also Halloween time – and the LOA gals (thanks to Holli) have a third member, It, in the stu. What is it, you ask? Oh, hell yes…it’s a Peloton! …and Holli’s shoulder and neck are feeling it’s presence most.
- Holli shares about her recent trip to Washington DC and a wonderful visit with a wonderful woman who ordered ‘just a mimosa’. By the end of the conversation, they were fast friends and Holli’s new BFF was ordering ‘a mimosa’! It’s never ‘just a mimosa’!
The LOA gals very appropriately share a disclaimer before launching into the conversation and awareness building around narcissism and gaslighting: Neither Holli nor Jeanna are therapists or physicians. Please seek professional help if you need assistance dealing with critical issues impacting your health or wellbeing. ‘
The conversation shares more about what to look for when if you think you are dealing with a narcissist:
- Begins with a pronounced effort to ‘win you over’, lots of charm, showing you with compliments/gifts, etc.
- Once you are committed to this person (whether they are your romantic partner, if it is a friendship, a boss, etc.) the showering of attention, compliment, support shut off – if not actively withheld.
- The effort to win you over is replaced with bravado. They lie, manipulate and gaslight you instead with no remorse.
- Often they show a very different persona when they are interacting with your friends and family.
Gaslighting is a tactic that is often used by one member of a relationship to manipulate or disorient another member. The name of the tactic came from a play/movie in the mid-1900’s. The LOA gals point out that if someone is gaslighting it does not mean they are a narcissist.
LOA Uncorked Uplevel Assignment:
- Let’s all stop saying ‘you are crazy’! Let’s honor people’s perspective and don’t question their sanity if you disagree or don’t see something the same way. It’s unnecessary roughness!
- If you suspect you are dealing with a narcissist in a key role in your life – be sure to seek professional support.
- Claim your space, learn tactics, and be very clear what your boundaries are and own your reality – do not doubt yourself!
As always, thanks for listening and we look forward to sharing more LOA badassery conversations with you! Please consider leaving a review and subscribing or dropping us a note to say hi and share your thoughts via:
Our Website / Contact via Email / YouTube / Instagram / Facebook: loauncorked
Join the party
Grab a glass and get in the club. Never miss an episode + get VIP insights from your new BFFs here:
Leave a Comment